Xenon therapy is a method of treating various neurological, cardiological and other diseases, based on the use of an inert gas - xenon. Possessing unique analgesic, anti-inflammatory, soothing properties, xenon is used in many medical fields, including rehabilitation treatment.
Medical xenon is an inhaled drug with unique pharmacological and physico-chemical properties. This gas is safe, hypoallergenic, non-toxic, has no harmful effect on the nervous system and other body tissues, and therefore has no contraindications. The drug is not addictive and can be used for a long time. There are no age restrictions either.
It is difficult to overestimate the therapeutic benefits of xenon. When used in the form of inhalation (mixed with oxygen), a therapeutic effect quickly occurs. Xenon can be combined with many pharmacological drugs, while inhalation can reduce the dose of medications prescribed to the patient. Thanks to xenon therapy, patients normalize sleep, reduce pain syndromes, increase working capacity and vitality.
See also: What causes smoking and alcohol abuse
At MedicCity, xenon therapy is performed by experienced transfusiologists, anesthetists in a calm environment that promotes patient relaxation. Before starting the procedure, the doctor explains in detail the technique and upcoming effects. During inhalation, patients feel positive emotions, physical and mental comfort, peace and tranquility. Immediately after inhalation, many note a feeling of lightness, a mood lift and an increase in working capacity, compare the procedure with a spa session or massage.
The effect after inhalation with xenon lasts up to a day. To achieve a stable and lasting effect, at least 3 procedures are necessary.
How does xenon affect the body?
Firstly, xenon has a beneficial effect on blood circulation, which is expressed in the centralization of blood flow and improved microcirculation. This opens up great opportunities for its use in the treatment of circulatory disorders - ischemic lesions of the brain, myocardium and other organs. Secondly, the high solubility of gas in lipids, and primarily in the adrenal cortex, the brain, the ability to block peroxidation processes, reduce the activity of stress homons gives good results in the use of xenon in the treatment of adaptation disorders, and in particular, stress syndrome of various origins. The pronounced effect of gas in sub-drug dosages on the human psyche has found its application in psychiatric practice, in particular in the treatment of depression.
It is an ultramodern method of treatment and recovery of mental and physical health. Xenon itself has a number of properties that allow you to correct some brain dysfunctions. Against the background of its use, the level of anxiety decreases, the pain syndrome is eliminated, the mood improves, sleep normalizes. In addition, xenon inhalations increase efficiency, improve mood, reduce the pathological attraction to psychoactive substances and nicotine. The mechanism of action of xenon on the body remains unclear, but it has been proven that inert gases create the conditions for normalizing the gas composition of arterial blood and have a positive effect on oxygen transport.
Xenon is a promising inhalation anesthetic that approaches its "ideal" properties. Its use as an anesthetic drug in outpatient practice is expanding. With its help, the patient can quickly fall into sleep, and after the operation is completed, a quick and easy wakeup occurs without any undesirable consequences (irritation of the respiratory tract, respiratory depression, toxic effect, etc.). Medical xenon is not addictive and is excreted within a few minutes. Meanwhile, the achieved effect lasts longer, which contributes to a stable remission and recovery.
The therapeutic effect of xenon is as follows:
- Anesthetic effect - in the presence of chronic pain, xenon inhalations can reduce the dose of analgesics.
- It stops attacks of panic attacks.
- Relieves an attack of migraine headaches.
- Improves mood and provides emotional lift.
- Increases efficiency and improves overall well-being.
- It stabilizes blood circulation and improves the function of the brain and heart muscle.
- One and a half times reduces the time of withdrawal of withdrawal symptoms in alcoholism and drug addiction.
- Reduces the toxicity of drugs, reduces their dosage.
- Accelerates the healing process of wounds.
- Reduces the concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Eliminates spasm of capillaries.
- Natural antidepressant, which does not affect the patient's emotional-volitional sphere, is not addictive, and the effect occurs immediately, you do not need to wait for some time, as for example when using other types of antidepressants.
The effect of xenon therapy
- With sleep disorders, in almost all patients, after a course of xenon therapy, sleep normalizes;
- With xenon therapy in depressive states, the patient disappears feeling of anxiety and depression, improves mood;
- With migraines - there is a decrease in pain;
- With chronic fatigue syndrome - increased performance and vitality;
- After operations and diseases, an early recovery of the body occurs;
- In the presence of chronic degenerative or inflammatory processes, the general condition of the body improves;
- In chronic pain of various origins, patients note a significant decrease in the intensity and frequency of pain;
- In sports medicine, during the training of athletes, xenon increases the stamina of the body and its physical capabilities, while not being doping;
- With a calming effect, xenon can save a person from fear of surgery or an unpleasant procedure.
Indications for the use of xenon therapy
- Depressive conditions.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Headaches, migraines.
- Treatment of neurosis, anxiety disorders, panic attacks.
- As part of the comprehensive treatment of drug addiction, alcoholism, smoking.
- Rehabilitation after a stroke, heart attack or traumatic brain injury.
- Chronic stress of various etiologies.
How is the procedure performed?
No special preparation is required before the procedure. However, it is recommended that you do not eat two hours before the session and do not drink at least an hour before the procedure.
Xenon inhalations are carried out using a mask of a portable or stationary anesthetic-respiratory apparatus in therapeutic concentrations of xenon with oxygen in a time interval of 15-30 minutes. The procedure itself takes place in an environment conducive to patient relaxation. Usually soft lighting, individual ward, calm relaxing music are used. The beginning of the procedure is preceded by a conversation with the doctor who will answer all your questions and set you up to get the maximum effect.
The effect of one procedure can last up to 5 days. To achieve a lasting result, an average of 3-10 sessions is required.
See also: Why the temperature rises with liver disease
What will the patient feel during the session?
The xenon inhalation sensation is somewhat similar to a "healing dream", with the difference that the patient does not completely fall asleep, but is immersed in a state of rest and relaxation, while there is a feeling of lightness and bliss. It is as if a man hovering over his body, over his problems and troubles. This condition resembles a trance and occurs immediately, with the first breaths of the drug, and ends gently and fairly quickly after stopping the supply of xenon. For several days, patients note a deep sleep at night, and during the day there is no feeling of tiredness and irritation, and even vice versa, a surge of strength and good mood are felt.
What are the contraindications for xenon inhalation?
For any medical procedure, there are a number of contraindications, which is why xenon inhalations should be prescribed and, moreover, the doctor should carry them out. Direct contraindications are:
- acute myocardial infarction,
- angina attacks
- respiratory and heart failure,
- acute infectious diseases.
NEW CLINIC PROCEDURE!
Xenon Therapy / Xenon Inhalation
Xenon therapy is a very popular modern method of treating and restoring mental and physical health. The rapid rhythm of city life deprives us of the possibility of complete relaxation. The result of constant fatigue and overwork is apathy and depression, frequent headaches. From this situation there is an effective, and, very importantly, safe for health way out - xenon inhalation!
- An inert, non-toxic, odorless, taste and color gas that has a powerful analgesic, antidepressant, sedative, antispasmodic effect. This is a natural antidepressant that does not cause dependence, does not irritate the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, does not have allergenicity, does not adversely affect human organs and systems, and does not suppress immunity. The therapeutic effect of xenon therapy is confirmed by clinical trials.
Xenon has a protective effect on the cardiovascular system, brain and liver. Just one correctly selected wellness inhalation:
- improves mood
- increases concentration and increases performance
- reduces the level of chronic fatigue, anxiety, irritability, depression and other neurotic conditions;
- prevents panic attack
- restores healthy sleep
- relieves headaches, autonomic disorders, pain
- stimulates the protective functions of the body and has a general strengthening effect (especially in the elderly).
ABOUT THE PROCEDURE
At the Centraviamed clinic, xenon inhalations, depending on the indications, are carried out by specialists who have undergone special training on the appropriate medical equipment:
- general practitioner
Before the procedure, the doctor of the Centraviamed clinic must conduct an examination and selects the concentration and volume of gas based on the personal parameters of each patient: gender, age, general condition, necessary depth of sedation, the presence of diseases of other organs, etc.
Before xenon therapy, patients do not need to follow special rules. No need to stick to a diet or stop taking medication. However, in order to maximize the benefits of treatment, it is recommended that the following conditions be met:
See also: Is it possible to cure alcoholism with special tea
2 hours before the procedure, eat nothing; do not take alcohol and drugs during the day; refuse to drink 1 hour before inhalation.
The method of inhalation is simple - inhalation of a gas mixture (xenon with oxygen) through a special mask in a prone position. The procedure, with a total duration of 30-40 minutes, allows you to achieve complete relaxation and the necessary therapeutic effect.
To achieve a sustainable result, course treatment from 5 to 10 procedures is recommended. With severe pain syndromes, acute toothache, inhalation can be carried out up to 2 times a day. Analgesic (analgesic) action in the presence of pain syndromes lasts up to 18 hours. The number of courses per year is from one to three.
Our experts will help you find the right treatment, after explaining its purpose and process.
INDICATIONS for the procedure
- Depression, psychoemotional stress, chronic fatigue syndrome and anxiety.
- Mental and physical exhaustion, stress of various origins.
- Insomnia and sleep disturbance.
- Pain syndromes of different localization and origin: acute toothache, headache, migraine, neuralgic and post-traumatic syndrome.
- Living in an environmentally disadvantaged area.
- Frequent flights and change of time zones.
- Circulatory disorders and blood microcirculation.
- Chronic coronary heart disease, angina pectoris.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Postoperative recovery period after a stroke, traumatic brain injury, as well as to accelerate the healing process.
- Periods of epidemics, viral diseases and allergies.
- Improving the quality of life of patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Xenon therapy is the best therapeutic technique, which provides the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, neuroendocrine diseases, immunodeficiency and neurotic conditions, premature aging. It is an effective tool in the treatment of pathology of the musculoskeletal system with chronic pain syndromes.
CONTRAINDICATIONS for the procedure
Xenon does not cause allergic reactions and side effects, but, like any natural element, it has a number of contraindications:
Acute phase of myocardial infarction (up to 14 days), Acute and chronic severe (III) insufficiency, pneumothorax, Unstable angina (until the process stabilizes), Severe circulatory failure, Congenital and acquired heart defects in the phase of decompensation of blood circulation, Acute myocarditis and pericarditis, hemorrhagic type of cerebrovascular accident, Severe respiratory failure, Epilepsy, Convulsive syndrome, Acute infectious diseases, fever, Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, with rare and severe form (for patients with suspected sleep apnea, computer monitoring pulse oximetry is preliminarily performed), Schizophrenia.
Before applying the procedure, the doctor must conduct an examination and questioning of the patient for contraindications.
ADVANTAGES of xenon therapy in the Moscow clinic "Centraviamed"
- Method safety, modern patented equipment.
- Relieve stress and pain, improve the quality of life.
- Individual selection of dosage and number of procedures.
- Specialist doctors.
- The best price.
Xenon in Dentistry
A higher concentration of xenon up to 70% causes general anesthesia (anesthesia) within 5 minutes of inhalation of gas. This completely eliminates sensitivity and allows you to perform any intervention, including dental treatment, dental implantation or surgery. Xenon in dentistry is also used in small concentrations to reassure the patient before dental surgery.
The use of xenon in dental patients
Currently, local anesthesia during dental procedures does not always give a 100 percent result. What can prevent a high-quality anesthetic from disabling pain receptors? Firstly, increased stress, tension and anxiety of the patient. If a person is very afraid of the upcoming procedure, a local anesthetic may not be effective. Secondly, the pain often does not turn off completely due to the presence of extensive inflammation in the tissues. Pain can give an impetus to the launch of negative reactions such as increased pressure, increased heart rate, a surge in the release of hormones. And this, in turn, has a negative effect on the postoperative period, increasing the risk of complications.
Xenon therapy in dental patients helps to achieve the following results: the patient will not be hurt and not scared, he will feel relaxed and well, will not pay increased anxious attention to the upcoming procedures.
Indications for xenon therapy in dental patients:
- Dentophobia (fear of visiting the dentist);
- increased gag reflex;
- severe pain in the patient, the presence of an extensive inflammatory process;
- the risk of vegetative reactions in the patient (risk of fainting, hypertensive crisis, collapse);
- the need for additional analgesia in combination with local anesthesia;
- allergic reactions to a local anesthetic (to reduce the dose of anesthetic);
- removal of increased tonus of chewing muscles with TMJ dysfunction, when the patient opens his mouth with difficulty or pain;
- rehabilitation after dental treatment.
Contraindications to xenon therapy:
- individual intolerance to the drug;
- dysfunction of the respiratory center, bronchial asthma;
- infectious diseases accompanied by high fever;
- severe degrees of circulatory failure (second degree and above);
- bradycardia (slow heart rate);
- increased intracranial pressure;
- conditions accompanied by severe inhibition of the central nervous system;
- bleeding (nasal, menstrual cycle, gastrointestinal tract);
- pregnancy and lactation.
How is xenon therapy in dental patients?
- The doctor determines whether there are indications and contraindications for the procedure.
- The doctor tells the patient how the procedure will go, what sensations await him.
- The doctor plans a xenon treatment procedure (duration, gas concentration) and dental procedures that will take place after xenon therapy.
- The procedure is carried out directly in the dental chair. Xenon therapy equipment rolls up to the chair. The chair folds out. A soft pillow and a disposable plaid (if necessary) are issued. Xenon gas is supplied through a breathing mask with an antibacterial filter. The patient himself can hold the mask (for anxious patients) on the face, or it is fixed with stiff rubber bands (the patient can independently remove the mask at any time).
- The duration of the procedure is 5 minutes.
- The mask is removed, dental treatment is performed.
- After treatment, xenon inhalation can be repeated for general relaxation.
Recommendations for xenon treatment in Dial-Dent were developed on the basis of the document: "The use of medical xenon in combined anesthesia and sedation in outpatient dental practice. Guidelines. " Approved at a meeting of the Scientific Council of the Research Medical and Dental Institute on April 21, 2019, Protocol No. 03/4.
How is xenon therapy for alcoholism carried out?
The essence of the procedure is to inhale the xenon-oxygen mixture, which is created by means of a special inhaler. Xenon therapy in Moscow is carried out in almost all drug treatment clinics, public and private. It is possible to carry out xenon therapy on an outpatient basis and in a hospital. On an outpatient basis, short inhalation courses are usually used - 3-4 minutes each. In the hospital, the use of xenon sleep is possible, when by prolonged inhalation of xenon the patient is immersed in sleep. By the way, xenon is used in anesthesiology as an anesthetic.
Xenon anesthesia is used as an independent drug or in combination with other anesthetics, sedative medications, muscle relaxants, antipsychotics. It is shown in the following cases:
- emergency or planned interventions (general surgery);
- traumatological and orthopedic operations;
- transplantation of internal organs;
- neurosurgical operations;
- dental procedures (tooth extraction, etc.);
- plastic and cosmetic operations;
- anesthesia for complicated births;
- gynecological procedures (curettage, biopsy, abortion);
- withdrawal of withdrawal syndrome in drug-dependent patients;
- relief of pain with myocardial infarction, renal or hepatic colic.
The advantages of such anesthesia are used during operations during which the patient must be quickly withdrawn from anesthesia (for example, on the brain).
The result of xenon therapy
After passing the recommended number of sessions in patients occurs:
- decrease in craving for alcohol;
- preventing the development of depression;
- relief of symptoms of hangover and withdrawal syndromes;
- opening the pathological circle of dependence;
- prevention of further alcohol consumption.
Plasmapheresis (Plasma Exchange; Therapeutic Plasma Exchange)
Modern methods of detoxification include various procedures for extracorporeal purification of the vascular bed, when the process occurs outside the body. One of the most popular methods of this type is considered to be plasmapheresis - the separation of blood cells from its liquid part, followed by purification of the bloodstream. Plasma lacking blood cells contains all toxic substances, such as decay products of chemical agents, allergens, autoantibodies. After plasma utilization, the filtered red blood cells, white blood cells and blood plates return to the bloodstream. Thus, possible sources of diseases are removed, the development of pathological conditions is prevented.
The procedure allows you to effectively reduce the content of pathogenic proteins, aggressive hormonal structures, harmful protein and lipid molecules, as well as activate the regeneration processes. There are options for carrying out the procedure with the return of autoplasma into the blood - for this it is processed and cleaned using special mechanisms.
Plasmapheresis is an additional treatment method that helps cleanse the bloodstream, but does not eliminate the causes of the disease.
Pathologies in which blood stream cleansing sessions are indicated:
- autoimmune diseases;
- dyslipidemia - deposition of cholesterol and lipid metabolism;
- the accumulation of toxic metabolites for various reasons - acute alcohol poisoning, chronic alcohol abuse, drug addiction, substance abuse;
- neurological disorders.
If we are talking about patients with alcohol dependence, it is necessary to clarify that the procedure helps in such cases:
- an overdose of any substances of a psychotropic effect;
- prolonged binge;
- alcohol intoxication;
- development of withdrawal symptoms - "breaking" in the absence of a new dose of alcohol;
- depression of consciousness due to a long period of abuse.
After successfully completing the course of therapy, the patient's chances of getting rid of addiction are significantly increased, the negative consequences of abuse, the damaging effects of alcohol on the liver, nervous system, and other organs, are eliminated.
In order to effectively purify the blood, the patient needs to connect to a special device using a catheter or two needles that are inserted into the peripheral veins, and a set of lines ensures the connection of the catheter with the device. Sterile disposable supplies are the main guarantee of patient safety during connection to the device. The painful sensation during manipulation can only be associated with a direct violation of the integrity of the skin during the insertion of a needle or catheter.
Read also: In a new manual, the Church explained how to take a vow of sobriety.
There are two versions of the apparatus, which performs the separation of blood into plasma and shaped elements. The first type of model is automatic, when the filter does all the work directly during contact with the patient's blood due to a special membrane. Membrane pores of the smallest size allow only plasma to pass through, and blood cells are not able to pass this barrier. The session lasts about two hours, during which the patient must lie still so as not to disturb the tuned mechanism.
The second option involves manual centrifugation and separation of the shaped elements at a high speed of rotation. This reduces the process of contact with the apparatus, however, it is associated with an additional stage of work and somewhat complicates the process of plasmapheresis.
The isolated plasma is either disposed of or purified and returned back to the bloodstream along with the blood cells. It is also possible to replenish the volume of circulating blood using saline or other blood substitutes.
Usually, the plasmapheresis procedure takes about 2-3 hours, but this time may vary depending on the constitution of the patient's body and the state of his body. You can leave the plasmapheresis room on the same day, but you need help from an accompanying person - a relative or close person who can support you in case of dizziness or other unpleasant symptoms associated with a decrease in the volume of circulating blood.
Multiplicity of sessions is about 2-3 per week, and the recommended duration of treatment is from several weeks. However, the appointments are strictly individual, they depend on the features of the diagnosis, the body's response to the procedure and the rate of onset of the expected effect.
Preparation for the procedure
There are no special strict rules of behavior before a plasmapheresis session, but there are several tips that will help increase the efficiency of blood filtration.
On the eve of the procedure it is necessary:
- answer in detail the doctor's questions about the way of life, medical history, taking medications;
- stop drinking alcohol;
- provide escort from the medical institution home - after the session, dizziness or drowsiness may be observed;
- drink enough fluid to ensure good blood supply.
Directly on the day of plasmapheresis:
- there is no need to starve - it is better to give preference to a light and nutritious breakfast in order to ensure an adequate supply of energy and prepare the body for stress;
- clothing should be convenient for organizing access to the ulnar vein, and it should not interfere with prolonged sitting without movement;
- You can take entertainment with you - a book or a movie on a mobile device that will help you do interesting things during the session;
- it is important to carry out physiological administration before the procedure so that this need does not arise during plasmapheresis.
After the procedure
The speed and ease of body restoration depends on the general level of preparation and body resistance, but usually does not cause difficulties. To speed up this process, it is enough to adhere to the elementary rules of the regime:
- at first, avoid taking hot drinks or foods so as not to cause the expansion of blood vessels - this can cause dizziness;
- Do not be in direct sunlight on the day of the procedure;
- after the sessions you can not take a hot shower or be in the sauna - hyperthermia can cause the same effect of the expansion of the peripheral bloodstream;
- since the blood coagulation system is in an unstable state after replacing the plasma, it is necessary to ensure maximum safety and reduce the risk of bleeding - do not shave, do not do manicures or other skin-injuring procedures.
It is important to carefully follow all the doctor's recommendations, which may vary depending on the diagnosis and health status.
A visible effect can occur after a few days or weeks, but over time, with the return of the causes of the development of the disease, the symptoms can recur.
It is necessary to visit a doctor at the appointed time, and also report the onset of symptoms such as:
- the development of bruising or other unusual events at the injection site;
- infectious process - general malaise, chills, fever;
- skin rash or itching of the skin;
- dyspeptic symptoms - nausea, vomiting;
- pain of any localization that does not respond to standard treatment;
- stiff joints, difficulty walking;
- yellowing of the skin or sclera - eye proteins.
Although the procedure is considered quite safe, it is associated with the introduction of homeostasis into the system - the balance of the internal environment of the body. This can cause various violations:
- allergic reactions, the most dangerous of them is anaphylactic shock;
- infectious processes;
- bleeding disorder, bleeding;
- hypotension - a sharp drop in blood pressure;
- local changes in the integrity of the skin or subcutaneous fat at the injection site.
It is important to understand that it is necessary to completely refuse to take alcohol-containing drinks at least a week before plasmapheresis, and also not to resume drinking episodes during the sessions. The load that is created during blood filtration is a great stress factor for the body. An additional negative effect while taking ethanol greatly increases the risks of side effects, creates adverse conditions for the functioning of internal organs, and increases the load on the liver and kidneys.
Features of sedation xenon
Xenon sedation is an invention of Russian scientists. The technique is based on the fact that the patient calms down and relaxes, while the patient's consciousness does not turn off.
The gas sedation procedure has been successfully applied in dentistry. For many patients, the fear of medical manipulation is so great that they interfere with the work of the doctor or completely refuse dental treatment. Xenon helps a person overcome fear and calmly follow the instructions of the dentist.
The absence of side effects allows the use of medical xenon in the practice of pediatric dentistry. Inhalation relieves stress in a child, unpleasant memories of previous procedures are gradually erased.
Feeling euphoric in people who have not experienced it before can cause fear. More often this happens in children. In such cases, it is possible to increase the gas concentration and immerse the patient in sleep, or quickly terminate the action of the anesthetic.
Xenon sedation is used both in complex operations (for example, the installation of implants), and in the routine treatment of caries.
It is also used in the treatment of depression, nervous disorders, migraines and insomnia.
Taken from: https://narkopro.ru/alkogolizm/lechenie-ksenonom.html